Learn more about the suite of benefits and resources available for our staff and their families.
Georgetown provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package for all full-time university faculty and staff. Our benefits extend beyond health care coverage to help provide employees with a work-life balance that includes childcare, wellness initiatives, professional development, tuition assistance, retirement savings, and more.
Health and Wellness
- Health Insurance: Short- and long-term medical, dental, and vision for employees and their families.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts: For health care expenses and dependent care expenses.
- Disability and Life Insurances: Short-term, long-term disabilities; life insurance for employee and dependents.
- Retirement Savings: A 403(b) Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, in which the university contributes up to 10 percent of an employee’s gross pay. Voluntary Contribution Plan also available.
- Commuting and Transportation: On-campus and satellite parking, shuttle service from nearby Metro stations, free motorist assistance in Main Campus parking lots and pre-tax SmarTrip cards for D.C. public transit. Discounted car-sharing programs through ZipCar and Car2Go.
- GUCares Employee Emergency Fund: a new program that creates an institutional framework for supporting University staff, AAPs and faculty in times of need.
- Hoya Federal Credit Union and PNC Bank: The university’s credit union for faculty, staff, and their families, offers low loan rates, low fees and high savings yields.
Training, Professional Development, and Tuition Assitances
- Tuition Assistance: Tuition subsidies for employees to attend undergraduate and graduate programs, and for their dependent children to use for undergraduate studies. The benefit may be used at Georgetown or any other accredited higher education institution.
- Training and Development: provides individual classes as well as a Professional Management Certificate Program, available to all employees, paid for by the employees’ departments.
Wellness and Work-Life Balance
- Paid Time Off: 13 paid holidays, at least 16 accrued annual paid time off days.
- Child Care and Lactation Room: Professional, licensed on-site daycare for children ages 18 months to 5 years at the Hoya Kids Learning Center for Main Campus and Medical Center employees and at the Child Care Center for Law Center employees. Full- and part-time plans available. Georgetown University provides a clean, comfortable space on Main Campus designated for nursing mothers to pump while they have to be away from their babies due to work or school.
- Chaplain to the Staff: Private and confidential counseling services to meet employees’ personal, professional and spiritual development needs.
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program: Free, confidential support to help faculty and staff with a variety of personal and work-related concerns.
- GUWellness: A university-wide employee wellness program that includes health-related programs, events, and discounts, which helped Georgetown become one of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Companies.
- Telework: to reduce commuting costs and the university’s carbon footprint, the university recently developed a telework policy.
Georgetown University is pleased to offer its employees at Georgetown University in Qatar a comprehensive benefits package.